This post will walk you through activating a OneUI 5.0 Phone feature that lets you add quick responses to a call. Here’s a quick guide to enable Bixby text call on the new Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 smartphone.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 5 minutes
Depicted below is the actual process of activating the Bixby Text Call feature on the latest Galaxy Z Flip device. Feel free to refer to this guide if you need help.
- First, launch the Phone app by tapping on the Phone icon from the Home screen.
You can also access the Phone app shortcut and launch the app from the Apps tray of your device.
- While in the Phone app menu, tap on the three dots located on the upper-right side of the screen.
Doing so opens a side menu with three sub-items.
- Select Settings from the pop-up menu items to continue.
The Call Settings menu will load up next.
- Find Bixby text call from the given options then tap on it to continue.
On the succeeding window, you will see the main toggle to turn the feature on or off.
- To enable the Bixby Text Call feature, simply tap to turn the OFF switch ON.
Options for quick responses and voice will then become activated.
- To add or edit quick responses, just tap Quick responses.
On the next screen, you will see a list of preset responses for Bixby text calls.
- Should you wish to customize any of these responses, tap Edit on the top-right corner of the screen. Doing so switches the screen to Edit mode.
Finally, tap to select the preset response that you’d like to edit or delete from the list.
- To rearrange the order of the preset and added responses, simply touch the Up/Down arrow next to the preset text then drag it towards the desired position or order.
Once you're in the desired position, drop it.
- To add a new personalized quick response, tap Add quick response at the bottom of the list.
Doing so opens another screen where you can enter the response and shortcut used to trigger it.
- To continue, simply type your preferred shortcut text and response text into the provided text fields. After entering the texts, tap Save.
The new quick response will then be added to the preset responses and is all set for use on your next Bixby text call
- You can also change the default Bixby voice if you want.
To do this, simply head back to the Bixby text call main screen then tap Voice.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
On the succeeding menu, you will see the default voice that’s set for callers to hear. To add another voice, tap Add voice then download and install your preferred voice data. So far, the latest version of Bixby voice is Voice 5. You may opt to use any of the prior versions that you like. To do so, simply tap to mark your preferred voice.
With this feature enabled, your Samsung device should now be all set to automatically answer calls and the responses you type or tap are read aloud. The conversation will be visible in a text chat but you cannot hear it. An automated voice will be heard on the caller’s end.
So far, this service is only available in Korean. There’s also a good chance that voice transcription may not be entirely accurate.
Should you wish to stop using the feature, just repeat the same steps to return to the Call settings menu then tap to turn the Bixby Text Call switch OFF again.
And that’s how to enable Bixby Text Call on the new Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 smartphone.