Are you worried about losing your precious data after performing a factory reset on your Android phone? Don’t panic! There are effective ways to recover and restore your data to your device. You can use this post to explore simple methods to help you retrieve your valuable files, ensuring that nothing is lost forever.
You can recover data after a factory reset on your Android phone. When you perform a factory reset, the data isn’t permanently erased; it remains hidden in your device’s storage. You can easily scan and retrieve your lost files by using specialized data recovery tools like Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android). This powerful software analyzes your Android phone, allowing you to preview and recover deleted data, including photos, videos, messages, and more.
So, if you’ve accidentally or intentionally factory reset your Android phone and want to recover your valuable data, keep reading. We’ll guide you through restoring your files using the efficient and user-friendly Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android), ensuring that your cherished memories and important information are safely retrieved. Get ready to reclaim your data and follow our step-by-step instructions for successful data recovery.
Different Ways to Recover Lost Data from a factory reset on Your Google Pixel
Data loss can be a frustrating experience, especially when it occurs due to a factory reset on your Google Pixel device. Whether accidental or intentional, losing valuable data such as photos, videos, contacts, and messages can be a major setback. However, the good news is that there are ways to recover your data even after a factory reset.
Method 1: Recover Data from Google Backup
If you previously enabled the backup feature on your Google Pixel device, you could restore your data after the factory reset.
Here are the steps to recover data from your Google Backup:
- Start by setting up your Google Pixel device after the factory reset. You will be prompted to sign in to your Google account during the setup process.
- Sign in to your Google account that you used for the backup. Ensure you use the same account linked to the device before the factory reset.
- Once signed in, your Google Pixel will detect if a backup is available for your device. If a backup is found, you will be given the option to restore your data from the backup.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the data restoration process. Your Google Pixel will retrieve and restore the backed-up data to your device.
It’s important to note that this method relies on a previous data backup. If you did not enable the backup feature or if the backup does not contain the data you need, you may need to explore alternative methods.
Method 2: Use Data Recovery Software
If you don’t have a backup or if the backup does not contain the desired data, you can turn to data recovery software to retrieve your lost files. Tagged among the most reliable and powerful data recovery tools available are Tenorshare UltData for Android, MiniTool Mobile Data Recovery for Android, EaseUS MobiSaver, Disk Drill Android Data Recovery, Jihosoft Android Phone Recovery, and Recoverit Data Recovery, to name some.
Here’s how you can use it to recover your data after a factory reset:
- Download and install your preferred Android Data Recovery software on your computer. Let’s choose Recoverit Data Recovery as an example.
- After downloading and installing the software, connect your Google Pixel device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Launch the Recoverit software and select the appropriate recovery mode for your situation. In this case, choose “Android Data Recovery.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enable USB debugging on your Google Pixel. This will allow the software to communicate with your device and scan for recoverable data.
- Once USB debugging is enabled, the software will start scanning your Google Pixel for lost data. Be patient, as the scanning process may take some time, depending on your device’s storage size.
- After the scanning, you will be presented with a list of recoverable files. Preview the files to verify their integrity and select the ones you want to recover.
- Choose a location on your computer where you want to save the recovered files. Choosing a different drive or storage device is recommended to avoid overwriting any existing data.
- Click on the “Recover” button to initiate the data recovery process. The software will start recovering and saving the selected files to the specified location.
Recoverit Data Recovery can recover various types of data, including photos, videos, contacts, messages, and more. It has a high recovery rate and supports Windows and Mac operating systems.
You can also use the other available Android recovery tools according to your needs and preferences.
A factory reset on your Google Pixel doesn’t necessarily mean permanent data loss. By utilizing the Google backup feature or data recovery software like Recoverit, you can effectively recover your lost data and get back on track. Remember to regularly back up your important data to avoid future data loss incidents, and always handle factory resets cautiously.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you recover photos after a factory reset on an Android phone?
Answer: While performing a factory reset on an Android phone generally erases data, it’s still possible to recover photos using specialized data recovery tools. You have to note, though, that the success of data recovery may vary based on several factors, such as encryption, overwriting, and device-specific settings.
How to recover data from an Android phone after a factory reset?
Answer: If you had previously enabled the backup feature on your Android phone, you could restore your data by going to Settings > Backup and reset and selecting the appropriate backup file. However, you don’t have a backup. In that case, you can use third-party data Recovery tools like Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android) or Recoverit Data Recovery to attempt data recovery from your Android device.
What happens to data after a factory reset on Android?
Answer: When you perform a factory reset on an Android phone, the data is generally erased or marked as deleted. However, the actual data may remain recoverable until new data is overwritten. Android devices often employ full disk encryption (FDE) or file-based encryption (FBE) protocols, which make the data inaccessible without the encryption key.
Can I recover data if I didn’t back up before a factory reset?
Answer: If you didn’t back up your data before a factory reset, it is still possible to recover it using specialized data recovery tools like Recoverit Data Recovery. These tools can scan the storage and attempt to recover deleted or lost data. However, the success of data recovery depends on factors such as the amount of overwritten data and the specific device’s settings.
Is it necessary to have a backup before performing a factory reset to recover data afterward?
Answer: Yes, it is highly recommended to have a backup of your important data before performing a factory reset on any device, including a Google Pixel phone. Performing a factory reset erases all data and settings on the device and cannot be undone once the process is completed. Without a backup, you will lose all data on the phone, including contacts, photos, videos, messages, app data, and any other personal information.