This post will walk you through utilizing a call background to show on the Main screen and Cover screen whenever you make or receive a phone call on your new Samsung Galaxy Flip smartphone. Here’s a quick guide to customize call background on the Galaxy Z Flip4 smartphone.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 5 minutes
The new Samsung flip smartphone comes with a number of advanced call features including the one that allows you to customize the call background. With this feature, you can choose a picture or video to show on the Main screen or Cover screen of your phone, whenever you place or get a phone call.
If you’re new to this phone and need some input on how to access and use this feature on your recently procured Samsung flip smartphone, feel free to refer to these subsequent instructions.
- Open Phone app to get started. To do so, simply head over to the Home screen or Apps screen then tap on in the Phone app icon or shortcut.
Relevant features and functions associated with the OneUI Phone app will load up on the next display.
- While in the Phone dialer/keypad screen, scroll up to the right corner of the screen and then tap on the three dots.
Doing so will launch a side menu with three sub-items.
- Select Settings from the given sub-menu items to continue.
The Call settings menu will load up next. Here, you will see different options and features that you can use to manage phone calls on your device.
- Find then tap Call background to proceed.
Another screen will launch with available call background options for the main screen and cover screen.
- To customize call background for incoming calls on the Main screen, tap the Main screen button.
On the next screen, you will see preset photos and videos that you can use to show when you make or receive calls on the main screen of your phone.
- You can also change or replace the default Main screen layout for calls. To do so, select the Main screen tab then tap Layout at the bottom.
A preview of the selected layout for the main screen call background will be displayed for your reference.
- On the next screen, you will see two available layouts to choose from. Just tap to mark your preferred call background layout to show the caller information on the Main screen for contacts with profile pictures.
There are only two layout styles available for you to select from.
- To change the Main screen call background, tap Background.
Different background presets including photos and videos will show up on the next screen.
- Select any from the preset/featured background.
After making a selection, tap the Set as call background button at the bottom of the screen. The selected background photo or video will then be saved and applied.
- To change the default call background for incoming calls on the Cover screen, tap Cover screen then set your desired Layout style and Background photos/videos.
Available layout styles and preset backgrounds are similar to that of the Main screen unless you've added a new image or video from your Gallery.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
Don’t forget to tap the Set as call background button located beneath the screen to apply new changes the Cover screen call background and layout.
Adding a New Call Background
You can also add a custom background if you don’t want to use the preset call backgrounds on your device.
- To add a new call background, tap the Plus (+) sign on the top-right corner of the Background screen
- Select a desired background from Gallery or Create a new one using AR Emoji.
Downloaded images and video clips can also be used as the new custom call background for both the Main screen and Cover screen. Just select the desired downloaded media file from your phone’s Gallery app.
And that’s how you activate and customize the Call background function on the new Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 smartphone.