This post will walk you through altering the existing lock type assigned to the Samsung Secure Folder application on the newest Samsung Galaxy Flip smartphone. Here’s a quick guide to change the Secure Folder lock type on the Galaxy Z Flip4.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
Outlined below are the steps depicting the actual process of altering the existing lock type in use for the Samsung Secure Folder application.
These steps are based on the updated One UI interface of the Galaxy Z Flip4 device and therefore also applicable when applying the same settings on other Samsung Galaxy phones running on the same OS version.
Feel free to refer to this guide when needed.
- Open the Secure Folder app. Just find the Secure Folder app icon from the Home screen or Apps screen and then tap on it to launch.
On the succeeding menu, you will be asked to enter your unlock PIN, pattern or password. Enter the required credentials to unlock and access the folder.
- In the Secure Folder main screen, tap the three dots located on the right corner next to the Plus and Search icons.
The Secure Folder side menu opens next.
- Here, you will see a list of options that you can use to manage the folder.
Tap Settings from the given options to proceed.
- In the Secure Folder settings, you will see different actions or commands grouped by category.
Tap Lock type under Lock and security section then enter your existing lock type to proceed.
- On the Secure Folder Lock Type menu, you will see all available lock types including pattern, PIN, pattern and password.
Fingerprint unlock is also supported in case you’d like to add Biometrics security for your Secure Folder.
- Tap to select your preferred lock type then follow the rest of the onscreen instructions to set it up.
Selecting a pattern as your lock type will give your files medium security, PIN gives medium-high security and password offers high security.
- You can also augment security on your folder with biometrics security, particularly fingerprint.
Just tap to turn on the Fingerprints switch under the Biometrics section in the Secure Folder lock type menu. This option is only applicable if you’ve already added your fingerprints on your phone.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
When it comes to storage security, Samsung Secure Folder guarantees a higher, if not the highest level compared to other storage media.
With Secure Folder, you can be assured that all your sensitive information including photos, videos, documents and other files are made private and protected. Just be sure to set up and use a lock type with high security like a unique password that’s difficult for others to guess but easier for you to remember.
And in case you forgot how to unlock your Secure Folder, you can use your Samsung account to reset the existing lock type. Just turn the Reset with Samsung account switch ON to make this possible.
And that’s how you change the Secure Folder lock type on the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 smartphone.