This post will walk you through altering the default format of contact names on the newest Samsung Flip smartphone. Here’s a quick guide to change contacts name format on the Galaxy Z Flip4 device.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
When sorting contacts in Samsung smartphones, you will typically see the information sorted using the first name. Thus, contacts appear in first name first order. If you want, you can change your phone’s settings to make it sort contacts by last name.
Just follow these steps if you need help getting this done on your recently acquired Samsung Galaxy Flip 4 device.
- First, launch the Settings app by tapping on the app’s icon from the Home screen or Apps screen of your phone.
Alternatively, you can access the quick settings panel to launch the Settings app through its shortcut (gear) icon. The same menu will load up when doing either method.
- In the Settings app menu, you will see a list of all inbuilt functions and features. Scroll to find then tap Apps to proceed.
The Apps menu opens next.
- A list of all preloaded and downloaded apps will be displayed on the Apps menu. Search Contacts from the list then tap on it to get to the Contacts app info screen.
You can make use of the quick search feature to speed things up. Simply tap on the Search (magnifying glass) icon on the upper-right corner then type Contacts in the provided text field. Select the Contacts app from the search result then wait for the next screen to load.
- In the Contacts app info screen, tap Contact settings.
You will be routed to another screen with the Contacts app’s current settings.
- Navigate to the Contacts list section then tap Name format.
A pop-up menu will open with two available format options for you to choose from.
- Choose between First, last and Last, first format accordingly.
Just tap to mark your preferred name format to use when sorting contact names on your phone.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
Manage settings through the Contacts App
Alternatively, you can access the Contacts settings by launching the Contacts app on your phone. In the Contacts app main screen, tap the Menu icon (three bars) on the top-left then tap the Settings (gear) icon on the top-right of the next screen.
You will be routed straight to the Contact settings menu where you can find the options to manage your contact list including Sort contacts by. Simply tap to select your desired format to use when sorting contacts on your device.
And that’s all about selecting the desired name format when sorting contacts on the Galaxy Z Flip 4 smartphone.
Posts you might like