This post will walk you through altering the default language used for the Chrome browser app on the latest Pixel smartphone. Here’s a quick guide to change the Chrome app language on Google Pixel 7.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
By default, the Chrome app language is set to system. This means that whatever language is used in the system is also the same language used in Google Chrome.
If you want it to be more personalized, you can change the language settings from the Chrome app menu. And here’s how it’s done on the Google Pixel 7 device.
- Open the Settings app to get started.
To do this, swipe up from the bottom of the Home screen to launch the Apps viewer then tap the Settings app shortcut.
- In the Settings menu, tap Apps.
The next menu launches with recently opened apps, general app settings and other relevant options. To view all apps, tap See all [n] apps.
- On the succeeding window, you will see a list of all apps installed on the phone including those that you’ve downloaded from the App Store.
Find the Chrome app from the list and then tap on it. You can use the quick search function to speed up your search.
- While in the Chrome App info screen, you will see more details about the browser settings including notifications, permissions, storage & cache, screen time and more.
Scroll to find Language from the given options then tap on it to proceed.
- A list of all languages including suggested languages will show up on the next screen.These are all the available languages that you can use for the Chrome app browser. Find the language that you’d like to use and then tap to select it.
A selected language should have a checkmark right next to it.
- Google Pixel 7
To check and see if it works, exit settings then launch the Chrome app browser on your phone. The selected language should already be in effect and thus, it should be the one that’s set in the browser.
If the recent changes you’ve made don’t reflect or the Chrome browser is still using the same previous language, try to restart your phone. Doing so will help clear any errant system cache and refresh the browser app.
Should you wish to change it to a different language, just repeat the same steps to head back to the Chrome App Language settings menu then select the new language that you’d like to use.
If you’re using a different browser application, the process of altering the app language may vary.
The Android version of Mozilla Firefox browser for instance, would require you to access its settings by tapping on the three dots next to the address bar in order to access and manage the language settings for the app.
And that’s how you change the default language for the Chrome app browser on the Google Pixel 7 smartphone.
Posts you might like