If this is the very first time that you’ve experienced the can’t send or receive emails issue, you may need to contact your email provider or system administrator. There is a special password that you might need or request authorization from your email provider to send and receive email on your device.
This issue can also happen if you recently changed your e-mail password, or it can happen after a software update or even at random. To fix issues with emails on your iPhone X, most of the time the solution is to simply remove and re-add the account. Follow the steps below:
- The first step is to make sure the e-mail username and password you have are correct, so before doing anything on your iPhone X, test your email username and password on your computer first to make sure you have the proper email address and password, as you will need it for troubleshooting.
- Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This won’t erase any data off your iPhone but will reset your WiFi passwords.
- Your iPhone will restart. Go back into Settings and make sure your Data is ON.
- Test your email account, if it still doesn’t work, proceed with the next steps.
- Tap on Accounts & Passwords.
- Select the account you’re having issues sending or receiving emails from.
- Tap on Delete Account (This will only remove the account from the iPhone, your emails will not be deleted from the email server).
- Once deleted, you will have to re-add your mail account by going into Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Add account… > Add Mail account.
- Select the type of e-mail you would like to add (Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, Live, Yahoo) and then enter the e-mail address and password and click Save.
If you need a more detailed guide on how to add an e-mail account on your iPhone X, you can follow our detailed step-by-step guide by clicking here.
For other tutorials and troubleshooting guides, you may watch some videos on our Youtube channel. Just don’t forget to like the videos and subscribe to our channel. Thank you.