If you can’t send or receive emails on iPhone 7, try checking your email servers if it has been configured properly. You can verify this information through your email provider. If they are correctly configured, read further and follow the recommendations below to fix the email issue on your iPhone 7.
This issue can happen if you recently changed your e-mail password, or it can happen after a software update or even at random. To fix issues with emails on your iPhone, most of the time the solution is to simply remove and re-add the account. Follow the steps below:
- The first step is to make sure the e-mail username and password you have are correct, so before doing anything on your iPhone 7, test your email username and password on your computer (hotmail, outlook, webmail) to make sure you have the proper email address and password, as you will need it for this procedure.
- Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This won’t erase any data off your iPhone but will reset your WiFi passwords.
- Your iPhone will restart. Go back into Settings and make your Cellular Data is turned ON.
- Test your email account, if it still doesn’t work, proceed with the next steps.
- Tap on Accounts & Passwords.
- Select the account you’re having issues sending or receiving emails from.
- Tap on Delete Account (This will only remove the account from the iPhone, your emails will not be deleted from the email server).
- Once deleted, you will have to re-add your mail account by going into Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Add account… > Add Mail account.
- Select the type of e-mail you would like to add (Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, Live, Yahoo) and then enter the e-mail address and password and click Save.
Note: If you need a more detailed guide on how to add an e-mail account on your iPhone 7, you can follow our detailed step-by-step guide by clicking here.
I hope that the issue has been rectified. If you still can’t send or receive emails on iPhone 7, report this case to Apple support. They might be able to give you official recommendations on how to deal with the problem.
You can also visit our Youtube channel for tutorials and troubleshooting videos. Please give our videos a thumbs up and subscribe to our channel. Thank you.