Those who can’t receive text messages on LG G6 may have been affected by a service outage in their area. Before you troubleshoot the issue, make sure to contact your network provider first. If everything is good on their end and the issue persists, follow the solutions below.
If you can send messages to a number or contact but you can’t receive their texts back, here are a few possible steps you can take to try and resolve the issue. Usually it’s simply caused by the number sneaking into your Block list and we’ll cover that too!
- To verify if the number is in fact in your block list, follow these steps:
- If the block feature was not activated and you still can’t receive messages from that person:
- Write their number down on a piece of paper (you’ll need it later).
- Delete them from your Contact list.
- Delete the conversation you have with that contact in your Messages.
- Turn off your LG G6 for 10 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Re-add their number into your Contact list and try to text them again and test.
- If none of the above options worked or you are not receiving messages from all contacts, you can try performing a Network Settings reset. This won’t erase anything off your device but you will have to reconnect to WiFi:
- Go to Settings > Backup & Reset.
- Tap on Network settings reset.
- Tap Reset settings.
- Tap on Reset settings again to confirm your action.
- Restart your LG G6 and test messaging again.
- If the issue still persists, consider performing a Factory data reset of your LG G6.
Should the issue persists after exhausting the given solutions, report this matter to LG support for further assistance. Thank you so much for reading this post.
You can also visit our Youtube channel for tutorials and troubleshooting videos. Please subscribe to it and don’t forget to give our videos a thumbs up. Thank you.