Assigning a photo to a contact can be beneficial if you don’t want to memorize the last 4 digits of the people who are in your contact list. Just by looking at the picture, you will immediately be able to tell who’s calling or texting you.
Fortunately, assigning photos to contacts is pretty easy to do. In fact, you might be able to do it in less than a minute provided that you already have a photo saved in one of your albums.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
But even if you don’t have the picture ready yet, you can actually assign a photo to a specific contact by using your iPhone’s camera.
The entire process is easy and simple and here’s how it’s done:
- Go back to the Home Screen and then tap Photos.
Its icon can often be found in the first page of the Home Screen.
- Make sure to tap Albums at the bottom.
This will show you all your albums.
- Tap the album that contains the photo you want to use.
If you just recently taken or downloaded the photo, then it should be inside the Recents album.
- Tap the photo you want to assign to a contact.
There will then be a few icons to appear at the bottom.
- Tap the Share icon.
It’s the icon at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Swipe up on the options at the bottom of the screen.
It will reveal all the other options you can use.
- Find and tap Assign to Contact.
You will be brought to your contact list.
- Look for the contact you want to edit and tap on it.
You might have to scroll down further depending on how many contacts you have in your device.
- Now move and scale the photo the way you like it.
In most cases, we want to show the face of a person.
- When you’re done scaling it, tap Choose at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
This will then bring you to the contact information page.
- Tap Update at the top-right corner to save the changes.
You will then be able to see that the photo you selected in now added to the contact you edited.
- This can also be done through the Phone app, so open it.
You have to go back to the Home Screen to find it and it is often one of the docked apps.
- Make sure to select Contacts at the bottom of the screen.
In most cases, when you open the app, it will show you the keypad.
- Scroll down to find the contact you want to edit and tap on it.
It will bring you to the contact information screen.
- Tap Edit at the top-right corner of the screen.
This will allow you to update the information of the contact.
- Tap Add Photo below the contact thumbnail.
It will bring you to the screen where you have several options on what kind of photo thumbnail you want to use.
- But assuming you already have the photo saved on your iPhone, tap the gallery icon.
It is the second icon from the top.
- Look for the photo you want to use and tap on it.
It will bring you to the screen where you can move and scale the picture.
- Scale the photo properly and tap Choose at the bottom of the screen.
You will be brought to the screen where there are several filters to choose from.
- Select the filter you want to use and tap Done.
It will save the changes you made.
- Tap Done at the top-right corner.
You will have to tap Done once again to finally save everything. So basically, you need to tap Done three times.
- Apple iPhone 14 Pro
And that’s pretty much it!
We hope that this guide can help you.