This post will walk you through altering the Pixel 7’s default display font text and size values. Here’s a quick guide to adjust the system font size on the Google Pixel 7 smartphone.
Time Needed : 3 minutes
In-built visibility settings on the Google Pixel 7 such as font size and display size are designed to be customizable by end-users. That said, you can change the default values and make necessary adjustments to make the display items smaller or larger.
Outlined below are the steps depicting the actual process of adjusting the display font and text size on the recently released Google Pixel smartphone. Feel free to refer to this guide when needed.
- To get started, launch the Settings app menu by tapping on the gear icon from the Apps tray.
Accessing the Apps tray on a Google Pixel requires swiping your finger up from the bottom of the Home screen.
- In the Settings app menu, scroll to find Display from the given items then tap on it to access the Display settings.
Another menu opens with a list of all inbuilt display options and features.
- Find Display size and text from the given items then tap on it to proceed.
Another screen opens with the current display font and text configuration.
- Navigate to the Font size section then adjust the font size by dragging the slider.
To make the font size bigger, drag the slider to right or tap the Plus sign. To make the font size smaller, drag the slider to the left or tap the Minus sign.
A real-time preview is shown on the upper portion of the screen.
- There is also an option for you to adjust the display size. To use this, navigate to the lower section just beneath the Font size slider.
There, you will see the display size slider that you can drag to the left or right to make everything on your display bigger or smaller.
- Other relevant features that you can use to customize the phone’s text display include Bold text, and High contrast text. Simply tap to enable the switch next to the feature that you’d like to enable and use.
Enabling Bold text will add more emphasis to the display text by making it bolder than the regular font. Enabling High contrast text will change the text color to black or white depending on the background. This results in a maximized display item contrast with the system interface.
- Google Pixel 7
Again, you can always refer to the preview on the upper section to see the effect after every change you make to the display size and text. This should serve as your quick basis to apply or reject the recent changes.
There’s no need to worry about messing up the entire system display after playing with the available display attributes because there is also a reset button that you can tap on should you need to restore the factory default display options and values. Should there be a need to restore default values, simply tap on the Reset settings button at the bottom of the Display text and size menu to reset the phone’s display size and text preferences back to the original settings.
This reset only applies to the display font and text information so other saved data on your phone’s internal storage including downloaded apps and other files will remain as is and not deleted.
And that’s how you adjust the system font size and text on the Google Pixel 7 smartphone.