Computer not detecting Samsung Galaxy S5. Can’t transfer files or photos from Samsung S5 to PC. Samsung Galaxy S5 not detecting PC. Can’t connect Galaxy Note 4 to PC. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Edge connected to PC but not detecting any files. Issue with transferring files from Samsung Galaxy Alpha to computer using a USB cable. Samsung Galaxy Neo not being detected by computer. Samsung Galaxy USB conection to PC not working.
If you’re having trouble connecting your Samsung Galaxy to your computer to transfer files or photos, here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:
- The first thing to try is to swap the USB cable. Some cables are only capable of charging your smartphone and won’t be able to transfer any files. It’s best to make sure you’re using the original cable when trying to connect your Galaxy to the PC.
- Verify if you can change the USB mode from your notification bar:
- Pull down your notification bar and see if you have the USB options icon
- Touch the USB options icon and select Media Device (MTP)
- If you do not have the USB options icon in your notification bar, try the following steps:
- Unplug the USB cable from the smartphone
- Power off your Galaxy smartphone
- Wait 30 seconds
- Power it back on
- Plug the USB cable back to the smartphone and check to see if the USB options icon appears
- If the issue persists, try enabling USB Debugging in your settings:
- Go to Settings > About Phone
Tap on Build number repeatedly until it says “You are now a developer”
- You will now be able to access Settings > Developer options
- Enable USB debugging
- Once USB debugging is enabled, restart your phone and try to connect it again
- If none of the options above worked, make sure the USB cable you have is able to transfer files and a different cable if necessary
- If the issue persists after trying all the options above, you might want to consider trying a factory reset of your device. Click here for a step-by-step guide on how to backup and reset your Galaxy smartphone.