Still receiving messages on your old iPhone after switching to another smartphone such as a newer iPhone or Samsung or Android device. Still getting messages on iPhone after purchasing new device. iPhone still receiving messages after switching to a new smartphone.
This is caused by your “iMessage” still being active on your old iPhone.
- To fix this issue, go into Settings > Messages and make sure that “iMessage” is turned off. That will allow all messages to come in on your new device.
Note: Ensure your phone is connected to the internet (3G/4G or Wi-Fi) so that the changes will sync with your Apple ID.
- If you don’t have your iPhone any longer:
- Click on this link to de-activate iMessage online: selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
- Make sure you have your new phone with you
- Select your Country from the drop-down list
- Enter your mobile number
- Click ‘send code‘
- A confirmation code will be sent to via text. Enter the code and click ‘submit‘ to deregister iMessage.
- If that does not work, contact apple support to de-activate your iMessage: