Can’t send or receive picture messages on Samsung Galaxy note 8. Can’t send or receive MMS on Galaxy note 8. Picture messaging not working on Samsung Galaxy note 8. Issue with sending or receiving picture messages on a Galaxy note 8.
If you are having trouble sending or receiving picture messages (MMS) on your Galaxy note 8, it's usually due to the APN settings not being configured properly in your phone. Here is how you can verify everything you need and configure the APN settings in your Galaxy note 8:
- Reboot your Samsung Galaxy note 8 (always the first step when troubleshooting. Sometimes just a simple reboot does the trick!)
- Make sure you have a network connection (if you have No Service click here)
- Go to Settings > Connections > Data usage and make sure mobile data is ON
- Note: You NEED a data connection on your Samsung smartphone to be able to send or receive picture messages (MMS). If you have a data block with your provider, make sure to contact them to remove it.
- Once you've verified your data is on, go to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks
- Tap on Access Point Names
- In this window make sure you have your APN settings configured for your Carrier (you will see your network name). If you don't see your network name and can't discern any APN settings, you might have to configure them manually. To do so you can check if they are available here for your Carrier or a simple google search for your Carrier's APN settings should yield the proper result.
- If you have an activate data connection and are stil unable to send or receive picture messages, you can try performing a factory reset of your Samsung Galaxy note 8