Trying to share your iPhone SE mobile data using personal hotspot with your computer, pc, mac, or ipad, and not getting any internet access or “limited connectivity”. IPhone SE personal hotspot not working. Can’t connect to personal hotspot from iPhone SE. Can’t share iPhone SE mobile data. Sharing internet through personal hotspot not working on iPhone SE.
- First, you have to make sure to erase or “forget” the saved wifi connection that belongs to the iPhone that’s not currently working. Click below for a guide on how to do that depending on your device if you’re unsure of the steps:
- If you have a mac, click here
- If you have a pc running windows 10, click here
- If you have a pc running windows 8, click here
- If you have a pc running windows 7, click here
- If you have an iPad or iPhone, click here
- Once you’ve completed that, take the iPhone SE you’re trying to hotspot from and perform a Reset Network Settings
(Note: This will erase saved WiFi passwords on your device, so remember to reconnect to WiFi after this step).
- Go to Settings > General and then tap on Reset
- Select Reset Network Settings
- Then go into Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot and change the WiFi password
- Turn Personal Hotspot ON
- Then connect to the “iPhone” internet connection that should be displayed now on the device you’re trying to connect from and enter the new password you configured.
- If issue persists, try sharing your internet connection by plugging the iPhone directly into the computer you’re trying to connect to, then turning Personal Hotspot ON.