Trying to share your iPhone 7 mobile data using personal hotspot with your computer, pc, mac, or ipad, and not getting any internet access or “limited connectivity”. IPhone 7 personal hotspot not working. Can’t connect to personal hotspot from iPhone 7. Can’t share iPhone 7 mobile data. Sharing internet through personal hotspot not working on iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 plus.
- First, you have to make sure to erase or “forget” the saved wifi connection that belongs to the iPhone that’s not currently working. Click below for a guide on how to do that depending on your device if you’re unsure of the steps:
- Once you’ve completed that, take the iPhone 7 you’re trying to hotspot from and perform a Reset Network Settings
(Note: This will erase saved WiFi passwords on your device, so remember to reconnect to WiFi after this step).
- Go to Settings > General and then tap on Reset
- Select Reset Network Settings
- Then go into Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot and change the WiFi password
- Turn Personal Hotspot ON
- Then connect to the “iPhone” internet connection that should be displayed now on the device you’re trying to connect from and enter the new password you configured.
- If issue persists, try sharing your internet connection by plugging the iPhone directly into the computer you’re trying to connect to, then turning Personal Hotspot ON.