Outgoing messages are working but the phone won’t receive incoming messages from one or multiple numbers on Samsung Galaxy S8. Can’t receive incoming messages Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. Can send texts but won’t receive messages on Samsung Galaxy S8.
If you’re having trouble receiving text messages from one or multiple numbers on your Samsung Galaxy S8, this issue is usually caused by a number sneaking into your text message block list. To verify if this is the case, follow these steps:
- Go into Messages
- Tap on "More" in the top right corner then select Settings
- Tap on Block messages
- Tap on Block numbers
- Make sure that the number(s) you can't receive messages from is not part of your block list!
- If the number was not in your spam numbers and you still can’t receive messages from it:
- Write the number down somewhere (to save it)
- Delete them from your Contacts app.
- Delete the conversation you have with that contact in your Messages.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S8 for 10 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Re-add them into your Contact list and try to text them again.
- If the above did not work, the issue could be from the sender’s end. Verify if the sender can send messages to other numbers or contact your Carrier to make verify if the messages are being sent to your device through the cellular network properly.
Tags: samsung galaxy s8 wont receive incoming messages, galaxy s8 can send text but wont receive from a specific number, galaxy s8 cant receive texts from one number, can send but wont receive texts on galaxy s8 plus, message wont come in but can send with samsung galaxy s8 plus, not getting text msgs, unable to receive txts on galaxy s8, samsung galaxy s8 plus, messaging issue, not receiving messages galaxy s8, cant receive messages on galaxy s8