iPhone X not playing any notification sounds. iPhone X not ringing when receiving calls. No sound on incoming alerts iPhone X. Notification sounds muted. iPhone X vibrates but makes no sound on alerts.
- On the iPhone X, located on the top left corner, there is a “silent” switch. Toggle it and make sure it is OFF as shown in the picture below:
- If problem persists, you want to make sure the “Do Not Disturb” feature isn’t active. To turn it off, go to Settings > Do Not Disturb. Make sure “Manual” and “Scheduled” are off as shown in the picture below.
- Go to Settings > Sounds and make sure the “ringer and alerts” volume is not muted.
- Go to Settings > Notifications and make sure your alerts are turned ON for any apps you wish to make sound
- Insert your headphones into the headphone jack to check whether there is sound or not. Insert and remove them a few times. Sometimes the iPhone may get stuck in headphone mode and this might help.
- If none of these options worked, you can try performing a backup and restore of your iPhone
Note: For a full guide on how to backup and restore click here