iPhone stuck on the “slide to update” screen after installing iOS software update. Installed software update, now iPhone won’t go past the “slide to upgrade” screen. iPhone freezes at slide to upgrade after ios update. Can’t slide to upgrade on iPhone after software update.
If you updated your iPhone to the lastest iOS, you may be experiencing the issue where your iPhone can’t get past the “slide to upgrade” screen, or freezes when landing on that page. This is a common issue and can be fixed in a few different ways.
To fix this issue, the first thing to try is to hard reset your iPhone. This does not erase anything on your device, and this is how to do it:
- Press and hold BOTH the Power and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
- The iPhone will now restart.
If that didn’t fix the problem and you still can’t get past the slide to upgrade screen on your iPhone, then the next step is to restore your iPhone by using iTunes and putting your iPhone into recovery mode. Before performing these steps, make sure you already have a backup saved in iTunes or iCloud as this will erase everything on your iPhone. Here is a detailed step-by-step guide on how to do that:
- Prepare the iPhone USB cable by plugging it into your computer, but NOT to your iPhone. Leave your iPhone unplugged
- Launch iTunes on your computer
- Press and hold down the Sleep/Power button on the top of the iPhone to turn off the iPhone
- When powered off, press and continue to hold the Home button while you connect the USB cable to your iPhone, this will cause the iPhone to turn on. You will see the following:
- Continue to hold the Home button until an alert message in iTunes informing you that an iPhone in recovery mode has been detected, like the screenshot below:
- You can then click Restore to restore your iPhone to factory settings. Once the restore is complete you should be able to access your iPhone with no issues.
If you’re still having problems after trying a hard reset, and restoring your iPhone to factory settings, take your iPhone to an Apple Store to have it looked at by an Apple Tech, or leave a comment below so we can help you.