iPhone stuck on “Searching…” for network. iPhone won’t connect to network. Can’t connect to network manually with Carrier settings in iPhone. Carrier option missing from iPhone settings. Can’t manually connect to network. iPhone Carrier option gone from settings menu. iPhone suddenly stuck on searching for network.
If you wake up one day and find your iPhone stuck on “Searching…” in the top left corner, then most likely you will find that if you go into your Settings, the Carrier option is missing.
If your iPhone is stuck on Searching… or you’re missing the Carrier option from your Settings rendering you unable to connect to your network, then here’s how you can fix this problem:
- The most common solution to this issue is making sure your iPhone is up to date.
To do this, go to Settings > General > Software Update and download any updates available.
You can also connect your iPhone to iTunes and update your software with your computer.
Once the software update is complete, your iPhone should be up and running again.
If you had no software updates available, or it did not fix the issue, proceed to the next step.
- Reset your Network Settings on your iPhone (Note: This will erase saved WiFi passwords on your device, so remember to reconnect to WiFi after this step)
- Go to Settings > General and then tap on Reset
- Select Reset Network Settings
- If your iPhone is still not getting any service and is still stuck on searching, the last step is to perform a full backup/restore of your iPhone.
For a complete guide on how to backup/restore your iPhone, click here.
- If you still find yourself missing the Carrier option from your iPhone settings after performing a factory restore of your iPhone, then at this point consider having your iPhone replaced or repaired by contacting Apple or your Carrier.