iPhone 7 not playing any notification sounds. iPhone 7 not ringing when receiving calls or receiving text messages. No sound coming from iPhone 7 plus. Notification sounds muted. iPhone 7 plus only vibrates but makes no sound.
- On the iPhone 7, located on the top left corner, there is a “silent” switch. Toggle it and make sure it is not turned on as shown in the picture below:
- If problem persists, you want to make sure the “Do Not Disturb” feature isn’t active. To turn it off, go to Settings > Do Not Disturb. Make sure “Manual” and “Scheduled” are off as shown in the picture below.
- Go to Settings > Sounds and make sure the “ringer and alerts” volume is not muted.
- Insert your headphones into the headphone jack to check whether there is sound or not. Insert and remove them a few times. Sometimes the iPhone may get stuck in headphone mode and this might help.
- If none of these options worked, you can try performing a backup and restore of your iPhone
Note: For a full guide on how to backup and restore click here