A guide on how to factory reset an HTC One, HTC One X, HTC One M9, HTC One M8, HTC M7, HTC One E8 and any other HTC One model.
If your HTC One smartphone keeps freezing, you’ve forgotten the security codes or it just doesn’t work, you might want to reset it back to its factory settings.
Here is how to factory reset an HTC One if you have access to the device:
- Go to Settings, and then tap Backup & reset.
- Tap Reset phone.
- If you want to delete media, documents, and other data from the phone storage, select Erase all data.
To also delete media and other data from your storage card, select Erase SD card.
- Tap OK
Here is how to hard reset an HTC Desire using the hardware buttons If you can’t turn it on or access settings:
- Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold the button, and then press and hold the button.
- Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the and buttons.
- Press FACTORY RESET, and then press the button to confirm. to select
- The phone will reboot and will be restored to its factory settings.
If you had trouble performing the steps above here is a video to show how its done: