A guide on how to factory reset an HTC Desire. Guide applicable to: HTC Desire 626, HTC Desire 526, HTC Desire 520, HTC Desire 612, HTC Desire 512, HTC Desire 510, HTC Desire 816 and any other model.
If your HTC Desire smartphone keeps freezing, you’ve forgotten the security codes or it just doesn’t work, you might want to reset it back to its factory settings.
Here is how to factory reset an HTC Desire if you have access to the device:
- Go to Settings, and then tap Backup & reset.
- Tap Reset phone.
- If you want to delete media, documents, and other data from the phone storage, select Erase all data.
To also delete media and other data from your storage card, select Erase SD card.
- Tap OK
Here is how to hard reset an HTC Desire using the hardware buttons If you can’t turn it on or access settings:
- Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
- Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
- Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button to confirm.
- The phone will reboot and will be restored to its factory settings.
If you had trouble performing the steps above here is a video to show how its done: