Can’t turn on WiFi on iPhone. Wifi toggle button greyed out. Unable to toggle Wifi ON to connect to the internet. Can’t push WiFi button and it’s grey instead of green. iPhone can’t turn wifi on or off.
If you’re trying to connect to WiFi and suddenly find your WiFi toggle greyed out, then this is due to a software issue and usually happens suddenly or after performing a software update. Here are some simple steps you can perform to try to fix the problem:
- The first step is to Reset your network settings, as this will also reset all Wifi connections in your iPhone
- Go to Settings > General and then tap on Reset
- Select Reset Network Settings
You will then see the Apple logo and your phone will restart
- Once your phone is back on, go into Settings > WiFi and try to connect to your WiFi network and enter the password
- If your WiFi button is still grey, go into Settings > General > Software Update and make sure your device is up to date
- If your iPhone is up-to-date and you’re still unable to turn your Wifi on or off, then the next step is to perform a full backup and restore of your device. For a detailed guide on how to backup and restore your iPhone click here
- If your Wifi button still isn’t working after a backup and restore, try performing a restore and setting up your iPhone “as a new iPhone” when given the option. This means without restoring your saved backup.
- If all the steps above did not work, your last option is to take your iPhone to an Apple Technician.