Wi-Fi not working on Samsung Galaxy s5, note 4, grand prime or other. Unable to connect to wifi or wifi dropping constantly on Samsung GS5. Wifi connected but internet wont work on Samsung Galaxy S5. How to fix WiFi issues on a Samsung Galaxy s5.
Before troubleshooting your Samsung, you want to make sure that your cellphone is the only one having this problem. If all devices are having wifi issues, then you want to contact your home internet provider.
Here is what you can try to fix issues with your Wi-Fi connection:
- Go to Settings > WiFi
- Select your Wifi network and tap Forget
- Power off your device completely, then power it back on
- Go back into Settings > WiFi and reconnect to your network. You will have to re-enter your WiFi password.
- If you’re still unable to connect, try this:
- Unplug your internet modem from its power adapter located usually behind it
- Wait 30 seconds
- Plug your internet modem back to its power adapter
- Wait 5 minutes for the modem to boot completely
- Try reconnecting with your Samsung Galaxy
- If your Samsung Galaxy still has issues and is the only device experiencing this issue, make sure it is up to date in Settings > About Phone > Software updates
- If your smartphone is up-to-date, it might be a hardware issue. Test it using other WiFi connections to determine if the problem is with a specific internet connection, or with the Samsung itself.