No service on Samsung Galaxy S8. No service on Samsung S8 Plus. Unable to place calls or text. Getting “Emergency calls only”. No network connection available on Samsung Galaxy S8. No signal bars on Galaxy S8 Plus.
If you have no service on your Samsung Galaxy S8, then here are some steps you can try to fix the issue with your network connection:
- Power off your device completely, then power it back on
- Go to Settings > General Management and tap on Reset
- Select Reset network settings
Note: This will erase saved WiFi passwords, so make sure to reconnect to WiFi after this step
- Test your network connection
- If you still have no service on your Galaxy S8, go into Settings > Connections > Mobile networks
- Tap on Network mode and switch it to WCDMA/GSM (or whatever second option you have)
- Then select Network Operators and tap Search networks
- Once the search is complete, select your Carrier and test your network connection once more
- If you are unable to pull up any networks when performing your search, verify if your SIM card works by testing it in a different device. If you experience the same issue in a different device, try replacing your SIM card or contacting your Carrier to make sure it’s properly activated.
- If there are no issues when putting your SIM in a different device, then the problem is with your Samsung Galaxy S8 and you can try performing a factory reset.
- If issue persists after a factory reset, and after testing your SIM, then you must verify what your options are for repairing or replacing your device with your carrier or the manufacturer.