No service on Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung S6 Edge or Galaxy S6 Edge plus. Unable to place calls or text. Getting “Emergency calls only”. No network connection available on Samsung GS6. No signal bars on Galaxy S6 Edge.
If you have no service on your Samsung Galaxy S6, then here are the steps you can take to fix this issue:
- Power off your device completely, then power it back on
- Go to Settings > Mobile Networks
Tap on Network Mode. Select the second WCDMA/GSM (auto connect) option.
Then select Network operators and tap Search networks.
Once the search is complete, select your Carrier. Test your device.
- If you are unable to pull up any networks when performing your search, verify if your SIM card works by testing it in a different device. If you experience the same issue in a different device, try replacing your SIM card or contacting your Carrier to make sure it’s properly activated.
- If there are no issue when putting your SIM in a different device, then the problem is with your Samsung Galaxy S6 and you can try performing a factory reset as shown here.
- If issue persists after a factory reset, and after testing your SIM, then you must verify what your options are for repairing or replacing your device with your carrier or the manufacturer.