If you purchase an unlocked Samsung Galaxy smartphone, you’re likely to find the your mobile data doesn’t work. You will have to configure an APN into your Samsung to configure your mobile internet and gain access. This is how you can configure an APN for your mobile data in a Samsung Galaxy S4 or older:
- Tap on Settings > More… > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
- Once on the APN screen, press the Options button on the device and select New APN
- Enter your APN settings ( For the APN settings of all US Carriers click here. )
- Press the Options button on your device, tap on Save in order to save the APN settings.
- Restart the phone and try browsing the Internet.
NOTE: The created APN will show up in the APNs screen after you have saved it. To activate the APN, tap on the radio button located beside it.