How to blacklist numbers on iPhone 8. How to block unwanted calls iPhone 8. How to block a number on iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. How to block a text on iPhone 8.
If you're looking to block a number or contact from calling you or text messaging you on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, then here's a detailed guide on how to add numbers to your iPhone block list.
There’s 2 different features that can block calls on the iPhone 8:
- The Do Not Disturb function. This redirects all calls to voicemail and mutes all notifications (SMS, Facebook, etc.)
- The other function is "Blocked" where you can block calls, texts and facetime from a specific contact.
To block or unblock calls from a specific number:
- Go to Settings > Phone > Blocked
- Here you will find your iPhone Blacklist. You can configure which numbers you wish to block text messages and calls from. Tap on Add New to add a number to your block list
- If you wish to unblock a number, in that very list simpy tap on Edit in the top right, then remove the number from your block list
To mute all calls from all numbers:
- Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb
- Turn on "Manual". You can also turn on "Scheduled" if you want to block all calls at specific times automatically.
Note: Make sure you turn off Manual when you want to receive calls again.