How to backup a Sony Xperia M smartphone. How to save photos and contacts on a Sony Xperia M. How to backup and restore XPeria M, XPeria M2 XPeria M4 or XPeria M5.
If you are having issues with your Xperia M smartphone, a good thing to try is a full backup and restore of the device as it will reset all the software on your phone. By doing a backup, your data will be kept in a safe place and then you can easily restore it back to your phone later. If you’re looking to backup your Sony Xperia M smartphone and performing a factory reset, here is the simplest way to do so.
Important: You will need a computer for this procedure.
Backing up your Data:
- Make sure that the PC Companion application is installed on the PC or the Sony Bridge for Mac application is installed on the Apple® Mac® computer, then open it.
- Connect your Xperia smartphone to your computer using your USB cable.
- Click Start under the Backup & Restore application.
- Click on Backup
- Select the data you wish to backup then click Next
- The backup will then complete automatically
Resetting your Sony Xperia M:
Once you’ve completed your backup, you are now ready to reset your Sony Xperia M. The reset is done directly on your device:
- Go to Settings
Select Backup & Reset, then tap Factory Data Reset
- Confirm the restore by tapping Erase
- Your Xperia will restart and greet you with the initial device setup
- You can choose to go through the setup of your device and start fresh, or to follow the steps below to restore your data onto your device
Restoring your Data:
- Open the Sony software, and connect your Xperia smartphone using a USB cable
- Click Start under the Backup & Restore application
- Select the backup you wish to restore, then click Restore
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the restore to complete
- Your smartphone is now reset!