Google search bar not working on Moto X. Google search bar unresponsive on Moto X Play. Can’t use the Google Search widget on homepage of Moto X Pure. Google search bar won’t work from homepage of Moto X 1st gen, Moto X 2nd gen or Moto X 3rd gen.
If your Google Search bar isn’t working on your Moto X, then this is most likely due to a software issue. Follow the steps below to get your Google Search bar working again on your Moto X:
- Try turning your Moto X completely off, waiting 10 seconds and turning back on
- If that didn’t fix it, the next step is to “Clear the Cache” of the Google App.
- Go to Settings > Apps
- Swipe right until you land on the “All” tab and look for the Google App
- You will see the window below
- Tap on Force Stop
- Tap on Clear Cache
- Tap on Manage Space and select the bottom option “Clear all Data”
- Restart your Moto X and the Google Search widget will work again
- If the above step did not work for you, the next step is to factory reset your Moto X smartphone
For a step-by-step guide on how to backup and restore your Moto X click here
If none the above steps worked for you leave us a comment below so we can help!