Still receiving messages on old iPhone after upgrading to new iPhone X. Still getting messages on iPhone after activating iPhone X. iPhone still receiving messages after switching to iPhone X.
If you've recently purchased an iPhone X and made the upgrade from an old iPhone, you may notice that sometimes your old iPhone will still receive your messages along with your iPhone X. This is due to iMessage still being active on the old iPhone. Here is how you can fix this issue:
- Go into Settings > Messages and make sure that "iMessage" is turned off. That will allow all messages to come in on your new device.
Note: Ensure your phone is connected to the internet (4G or Wi-Fi) when you do this so that the changes will sync with your Apple ID
- If you don't have your iPhone any longer:
- Click on this link to de-activate iMessage online: selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
- Make sure you have your new phone with you
- Select your Country from the drop-down list
- Enter your mobile number
- Click 'send code'
- A confirmation code will be sent to you via text. Enter the code and click 'submit' to deregister iMessage from your old iPhone.
- If that does not work, contact apple support to de-activate your iMessage: