How to configure APN settings for Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Where to find APN settings Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
If your mobile data isn't working or you purchased an unlocked Galaxy Note 8 that belonged to a different carrier, you might have to manually configure your APN (Access Point Name) settings to have access to mobile data. An APN is what allows you to access mobile internet with your Galaxy Note 8.
Here is how you can configure APN settings in your Galaxy Note 8:
- Go to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks
- Tap on Access Point Names
- At this page you can select with APN settings to use. Normally you would see your Carrier name as part of the list. If you don't, then you can tap ADD in the top right to configure it manually.
- Enter the necessary info in the appropriate fields
Note: If you don't have your network's APN settings, you can check this page or a simple google search for your Carrier's APN settings should yield the proper result (Example: Search google for "Virgin Mobile apn settings")
- If you still can’t access mobile internet from your Samsung Galaxy Note 8, contact your network provider and see if you can confirm your APN settings with them, or have them reset your network connection.