Can’t receive text messages on Moto X smartphone. Not receiving text messages from certain numbers on Motorola Moto X. Not getting messages from one or multiple numbers on Moto X, Moto X 2nd gen, Moto X 3rd gen or Moto X Play.
The first thing you have to verify is if the problem is only with one number or with all numbers? If you can’t receive text messages from any numbers on your Moto X, make sure you have service on your phone first (if you don’t, click here). If you have service on your device and can’t receive text messages then the only way to fix this problem is by performing a factory reset.
If you can’t receive text messages from only certain numbers, it is likely that they somehow found their way into your block list. To verify if this is the case, follow the steps below:
- Open the Messaging app
- Select the conversation with the person you can’t receive messages from
- Tap on the menu button (three dots) in the top right
- Tap People & options
- Make sure the “Block” feature isn’t activated
- If the block feature was not activated and you still can’t receive messages from that contact:
- Delete them from your Contacts app.
- Delete the conversation you have with that contact in your Messages.
- Turn off your nexus for 10 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Re-add them into your Contact list and try to text them again.
- If none of the above steps worked, try changing your default sms application
If the issue is still unresolved, you can leave a comment below so we can help out!