Not receiving incoming text messages from one or multiple numbers on the LG G2. Can’t receive texts on LG G2. Having issues with receiving messages on LG G2. Incoming text messages not appearing in messaging inbox on LG G2. Can send messages but can’t receive. Can’t receive text messages on LG G2.
If you can send messages to someone but you can’t receive their texts, this issue is usually caused by one or multiple numbers sneaking their way into your Spam List on your LG smartphone. To verify if the number is in fact in your block list, follow these steps:
- Open your Messaging app
Tap on your menu button then tap Settings
Select Spam message
Make sure Block spam is unchecked. Or alternatively go into Spam numbers and make sure the number you can’t receive messages from isn’t in your spam numbers list as that would drive all incoming messages to your Spam box. If it is, you can simply delete the number from the spam list.
If the block feature was not activated and you still can’t receive messages from that contact:
- Delete them from your Contacts .
- Delete the conversation you have with that contact in your Messages.
- Turn off your LG for 10 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Re-add them into your Contact list and try to text them again.
- If none of the above options worked or you are not receiving messages from all contacts, you can fix this issue by performing a factory reset in Settings > Backup & Reset (General tab). Make sure to save any pictures or data as this will erase all content from your device.