Can’t receive text messages on BlackBerry Priv. Not receiving text messages from certain numbers on BlackBerry Priv. Not getting messages from one or multiple numbers on BB Priv.
The first thing you have to verify is if the problem is only with one number or with all numbers. If you can’t receive text messages from any number on your Nexus, make sure you have service on your phone first (if you have No Service, click here).
If you can’t receive text messages from all numbers and you have service on your Nexus, make sure you have the proper default sms app selected.
If you can’t receive text messages from only certain numbers, follow the steps below:
- Open the Messaging app
- Select the conversation with the person you can’t receive messages from
- Tap on the menu button (three dots) in the top right
Tap People & options
- Make sure the “Block” feature isn’t activated
If the block feature was not activated and you still can’t receive messages from that contact:
- Delete them from your Contacts app.
- Delete the conversation you have with that contact in your Messages.
- Turn off your Priv for 10 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Re-add them into your Contact list and try to text them again.