Can't access voicemail on iPhone 7. Voicemail button on iPhone 7 not working. Can't dial into voicemail using voicemail button. Voicemail not working on iPhone 7.
If you're unable to access your voicemail using the VM button on the iPhone 7, this issue is usually caused by your voicemail number not being programmed correctly into your iPhone. Here are the steps you can take to fix this problem:
The first thing you want to try is see if it'll resolve itself with a simple network settings reset:
- To reset your network settings follow these steps
(Note: This will erase saved WiFi passwords on your device, so remember to reconnect to WiFi after this step)
- Go to Settings > General and then tap on Reset
- Select Reset Network Settings
You will then see the Apple logo and your phone will restart and try to reconnect to the network
If your voicemail button still isn't working after a network settings reset, you're going to have to program it manually. Here's how you can do this:
- First, you will have to contact your service provider and request to get your voicemail number
(Note: It's not the same as your phone number!)
- Once you have the voicemail number and are ready to program it into your iPhone, open your dialpad as if you were to place an outgoing call and enter:*5005*86*VOICEMAIL# then hit Call/Send
Note: Replace VOICEMAIL with the voicemail number provided
- After hitting Send, the iPhone screen will flash but nothing will happen. You can now test your voicemail button to see if its working
- As an alternate solution you can try dialing your own number and see if it takes you to your voicemail.
If it doesn't work on the first try, make sure you're entering the correct voicemail number and try again. You must sometimes include the country code (Example: +1 for US) without the + sign. If you're having trouble contact your provider as they should be able to provide you with the voicemail number to enter into your iPhone.