Unable to answer incoming calls on Nexus. The screen doesn’t turn on, or dragging the green/red icons to answer or ignore has no effect and the phone keeps ringing. Can’t answer calls on the Nexus 4, Nexus 5 or Nexus 6.
If you’re having issues answering calls as they come in on your Nexus, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue:
- The first is to simply power off your device, then power it back on.
- If that didn’t work, you can try to “Clear the Cache” of your Phone App.
- Go into Settings > Apps and swipe right until you land on the ALL tab.
- Scroll through the list until you land on Phone. You might find two results. Go into each one of them and tap on Clear Cache
- If the issue persists, go into Settings > Storage and then tap on Cached data and tap OK to clear it.
- If none of the above worked, go into Settings > About Phone > Software Updates and install any updates that might be available.
- If no software updates are available, then the next step to try is a complete factory restore of your Nexus.
For a complete guide on how to perform a backup and restore of your Nexus click here