Unable to answer incoming calls on Nexus 5x. The screen doesn’t turn on, or dragging the green/red icons to answer or ignore has no effect and the phone keeps ringing. Can’t answer calls on the Nexus 5x.
If you’re having issues answering calls as they come in on your Nexus, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue:
- The first is to simply power off your device, then power it back on.
- If that didn’t work, you can try to “Clear the Cache” of your Phone App.
- Go into Settings > Apps and swipe right until you land on the ALL tab.
- Scroll through the list until you land on Phone. You might find two results. Go into each one of them and tap on Clear Cache
- If the issue persists, go into Settings > Storage and then tap on Cached data and tap OK to clear it.
- If none of the above worked, go into Settings > About Phone > Software Updates and install any updates that might be available.
- If no software updates are available, then the next step to try is a complete factory restore of your Nexus.
For a complete guide on how to perform a backup and restore of your Nexus 5x click here