Apple devices running iOS 8.0+ may receive the error: “Cannot connect to App Store” when opening either iTunes or the App Store. Error message when opening App store on iPhone.
- Make sure your date, time, and time zone are correct in Settings > General > Date & Time.
Note: Time Zone may list another city in your time zone.
- Make sure that your iOS software is up to date by tapping Settings > General > Software Update or connecting your iOS device to iTunes and clicking Check for Update on your device’s Summary page.
- Check and verify that you’re in range of a Wi-Fi router. If you’re on a device with cellular service, make sure that cellular data is turned on from Settings > General > Cellular.
- Make sure that you have an active Internet connection.
If yes, then perform the following steps:
- Open Settings.
- Touch iTunes & App Store.
- If an Apple ID is listed tap it and sign out.
- Return to the main settings page and touch General.
- Touch Reset.
- Touch Reset Network Settings.
- Return to iTunes & App Store settings and sign in with an Apple ID.