Apps close after opening on Nexus. Apps keep closing on Nexus. Apps crashing by themselves. Nexus rebooting on its own. Issues with apps on Nexus 4, Nexus 5 or Nexus 6.
If your apps are closing by themselves after opening possibly with a warning or error, then this is due to a software issue in your Nexus.
- The first thing to try if your apps crash constantly is to Clear Cache on your Nexus smartphone:
- Go into Settings > Storage and tap on Cached Data, then select ok to clear data
- Power off your Nexus, wait 10 seconds, and turn it back ON
- If that didn’t fix your problem, you have to determine wether the issue is with multiple apps or a single one. If the problem is with only one app such as Facebook, Instagram, Candy Crush or any other, uninstall the application from your Nexus, then reinstall it using the Google Play Store. If the issue is with multiple apps then proceed to the next step.
- Make sure your Nexus is up-to-date in Settings > About Phone > System Updates
- If you’ve tried all of the above and still can’t run applications on your Nexus without encountering error messages, you should try performing a factory restore.
For a complete guide on how to backup and restore your Nexus click here