Apps close after opening on Nexus 6p. Apps keep closing on Nexus 6p. Apps crashing by themselves. Nexus rebooting on its own. Issues with apps on Nexus 6p.
If your apps are closing by themselves after opening without warning or error, then this is due to a software issue in your Nexus 6p.
- The first thing to try if your apps crash constantly is to Clear Cache on your Nexus smartphone:
- Go into Settings > Storage and tap on Cached Data, then select ok to clear data
- Power off your Nexus, wait 10 seconds, and turn it back ON
- If that didn’t fix your problem, you have to determine whether the issue is with one or multiple apps. If the problem is with only one app such as Facebook, Instagram, Candy Crush or any other, uninstall the application from your Nexus, then reinstall it using the Google Play Store. If the issue is with multiples apps then proceed to the next step.
- Make sure your Nexus is up-to-date in Settings > About Phone > System Updates
- If you’ve tried all of the above and still can’t run applications on your Nexus without encountering error messages, you should try performing a factory restore.
For a complete guide on how to backup and restore your Nexus 6p click here